Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Finished items.

A few years ago my dear friend Opal came for a visit, We had a wonderful time and went to Md Sheep & Wool to enjoy the fibery madness that it is. She had given me a beautiful mitten kit from Riihivilla. I started them, but as life usually does, projects for others pushed them to the back burner. Until last week.
It has been a bit cold out , and my hands were screaming for some warmth. So, it was time to pull out the WIP and finished them up!

I have to admit I love them. I blocked them inside out to allow the floats to relax. The result is amazing - soft and beautiful. They have worked well so far this week with the storm blowing outside.
I also finished the Reader Mitts for Amy. They are perfect for her as she loves her phone and would be devastated if she had a pair of gloves that would not let her use it. These are made from some wonderful Cash Vero DK yarn. This yarn is amazing and soft with just the right amount of cashmere to make them perfectly warm. This pattern is becoming a very big favorite of mine, as it is fast, yet so elegant looking.

The scarf was also for Amy, made from Noro Kochoran, it should help to keep her nice and snug. The name of the pattern is escaping me at the moment. It used one skein to make it, and is very entertaining to knit.

So now to finish one more pair of fingerless mitts, and it will be time to work on more things for the shop.

No comments: