Monday, November 29, 2010

Trying to be a good patient.....

So the Surgery went well, and I am home recovering. I am to take it easy and not lift anything over 10 lbs. No driving until 3 weeks after surgery.
So I am working on some knitting. How come, when you have lots of time that you have to rest, you want to do other things? I can see all sorts of things I could be doing while home, but I can't do them at moment.... but I digress...
Anyhow, I have gotten some knitting done. I have the left front of the Winter Wonderland Coat, and have the right side cast on. I finished the back of the sweater for Liz, and have started the front. I actually knit the Brambles Hat from Knitty. I still need to block it. Its beautiful and I really enjoyed the pattern.
Speaking of blocking. I am so excited, I have been awarded the TKGA Memorial Fund Scholarship!! I can't begin to say how excited I am about this. The award will be used to pay for TKGA Master Hand Knitting Program Level 1. This is a 3 part correspondence program to help knitters to become the best they can be. Since the beginning of the program in 1987, there have been less than 230 people who have completed this successfully.
I have spent some time in the past days since surgery reading up on TKGA Group on Ravelry (if you are a knitter and have not yet been to this site - I urge you to check it out! Its free and amazing). I am realizing I have so much yet to learn about knitting. I am waiting for the program information to be sent, so I have not officially started, but reading everything I can to prepare for it.
After doing a Inter-library loan, the book "Principles of Knitting" arrived for me to peruse. This book should be listed as a text book! The amount of information in it is amazing. The one problem in purchasing this, is it is out of print. Supposedly it is to be reprinted, at least that is what several press releases from Simon & Shuster in the past years has said. The last one stated the book would be released in Fall of 2009. I hate to tell them it is now almost the end of 2010. If one finds a copy for sale on eBay it is going for at least 150 and up, Amazon is the same or more.
I would love to own a copy of this, but I am afraid it is going on my wish list. At least until some one decides to reprint it and the cost comes down.
So for now, I shall spend some time with it until it is due back at the library.
Time to get back to knitting, and enjoying the Christmas Movies on Hallmark channel.
Knit Happy!



No comments: