Friday, February 26, 2010

The Snowicane has hit, and so have the yarns!

The storm has settled in here, and there is no reason for me to leave the house. Instead, I spent the day taking pictures of the yarns I dyed up on Weds.
I started taking pictures of the various yarns, and I had a hard time deciding on names. Thankfully some dear friends came to my rescue and helped.
I give you: Snapdragons
All of the yarns have the same
Yarn Vitals:
Yardage :306 yards
Weight: 3 ounces 100 grams
Yarn Size: sock weight
Fiber Content: 92% superwash wool, 8% acrylic


This is Parrot Tulip,






Then there is Cornflower, which is a nice 2 tone blue, but somehow it managed to obtain a few stray red flecks. See them in the pic?











Sweetheart Roses turned out so pretty, I can see it becoming a beautiful pair of socks, or even the main design coloring of a pair of warm mittens.














Finally I leave you with Hydrangea.












The first two are listed in my shop now, the others will be going up soon.
Stay warm this weekend!

1 comment:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I see one of your beautiful fiber creations in my future. I tend to wean off fiber as spring approaches ... but I sometimes hoard-n-hide for autumn!

You do such beautiful work.