Monday, March 08, 2010

Miss me?

So I have been trying hard to get things done, but somehow I have been laid up for the past week. Last Tues I had some surgery on my right foot. Which now looks like this:
Needless to say, this has put a huge damper in my daily activities. Keeping the foot elevated is the most important part. That and keeping the pain meds close.

Who knew that a silly toe would be this painful. I am however hoping this is the last time I have to be off my feet due to this.
The cyst that has been bothering me for the past few years has been totally removed, and we are fusing the bone to keep it from coming back.

Needless to say, I have not been up to doing much at all. Being fiberless is really not a good thing for a fiber fanatic.
Knitting can be massively messed up if knit under certain medications. Especially intricate lace knitting. So working on my Queen Susan Shawl is out.
So what to do?
Thank goodness for drop spindles. Its not something that one can hurt themselves on when in a medicated state.


I pulled out a beautiful Bossie from my collection and began to spin a wonderful batt I won from Abby Franquemont. Of course, reading her new book is also to blame too.

I will just say it is AMAZING. If you have not seen it, find it. Search it out.
You will not be disappointed at all.

However your wallet may be a bit lighter at the end when you discover you are missing some interesting spindles in your collection. You have been warned.

On the Yarn front - the new yarns are dyed up and I hope to be listing them very soon. Till then, I shall leave you with some eye candy.










No comments: