Thursday, December 10, 2009

Clogs, Finally Done!


For the past several weeks I have been working on several projects. One was my Husbands sweater, and the other was the 7 pair of clogs for my friends nieces for Christmas.
I finally got the knitting part done, one pair on top - the yellow, has been felted. To save him from being overwhelmed trying to remember which was what size, I made it easy for him. All of the clogs with the pink uppers are medium sized. The purple uppers are large. He asked for one pair of med to be yellow, so they are easy to figure.

Once I got all the knitting with bulky yarns and large needles done, I was craving something thin and detailed to knit.

Lace fits this very very well. So Sunday night at about 8 pm I cast on the Whisper Scarf 1 from Fiddlesticks knitting. As of today, I have this much knit so far:Not bad for a few days. I am past the half way point called for in the pattern, but I may do a extra repeat of the one section to make it a bit longer. I have to say after all the time spent on the thicker yarns the past few months, I am so enjoying this pattern.
So much so I bought a skein of yarn to make the 2nd scarf in the pattern pack next. I am still working on several consignment projects too, but this is my carrot to help me get those done.

I hope to felt the rest of the clogs tomorrow and will get a picture to show of all of them when done.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would say there will be several pairs of very warm feet in 2010. :)